Monday, March 12, 2007

A Multitude of Thoughts

I've had lots of bloggable moments in the past day so here we go:

First off it was so windy last night. It kept both Darryl and I up for about an hour. There were some points I wanted to take Lucas and go down the basement. Probably because I watched Wizard of Oz at an impressionable age. I think it is pretty rare to have tornado's here but man oh man the wind was crazy last night.

A couple of days ago we bought a new box of Q-tips. Lucas found the box this morning and dumped all the q-tips out. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fit all the q-tips back in. It is some kind of crazy magic trick that they can fit them all in that box, because it is impossible to get them all back in once they fall out. So half are back in the box and half in a plastic bag.

Lucas and I went to a free play group in neighboorhood today. It was quite fun and free. Did I mention it was free. =) I am so cheap. It was fun, Lucas loved running around the gym and playing with the cars and balls. At one point there were two little boys playing with the doll house. Although they were using their hammer in it.

At the playgroup there was tons of moms and one day. I've met the dad before at the park and he stays at home with his son who is about the same age as Lucas. I think it is great that this dad chose to stay at home and raise his son. But I wonder how he feels at these groups. All mom's and one dad. I have talked to him a couple of times but am unsure what to say. Mostly I talk to him about parenting, just like I talk to other mothers. But I am curious how he feels at these playgroups or at the park.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our playgroup and its not free but its very cheap
Muzz has come to our playgroup a few times he says he feels uncomfortable which is really sad because when I start work Id still like Daniel to go to playgroup. We'll have to talk about it closer to the time whenever that might be. I hope the dad keeps coming its good for his child.

Jenna said...

Yeah I always wonder about the dads who stay home. I bet they wish there were more of them, too. And I wonder how they feel. My husband wishes he could stay home with the kids! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

And what is about q-tips...how do they get them perfectly in those boxes?