Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Giving Pop a Run for His Money

Last weekend Lucas learned how to say Grandma. It has been one of his favorite words all week. He'll see something that reminds him of Grandma and talk about it for the next half and hour. This morning I put a shirt on Lucas that Grandma bought him and he said Grandma all morning. This evening we were looking through pictures that are up in his room. I have an old picture of Grandma, Pop and Auntie Lexie at Gray Rocks about 15 years ago. Usually when Lucas looks at the picture, the only name is says is Pop and he says it with such enthusiuasm. Tonight when he looked at the picture the first name he said was Grandma with the same enthusiasm. But don't worry Pop, he said your name right after with enthusiasum as well. It's funny when he learns a new word how he loves to say it all day.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that is just great. It seemed to take forever before he said my name. I can still hear it in my mind. It makes me feel all warm and happy. Grandma has bought him 2 more sleeper on her Edmonton trip, on with airplanes and the other with animal. She also managed to find one of those inflatable toddler beds (it has Winnie on it) Hopefully this means that Lucas will be able to have a sleep over at Grandma and Pop's house. Give him a big kiss from me. Love you all.
Grandma

Allie said...

Personally, I am thinking that he is a smart little boy. Let's just see who spoils him more now! :)

It was a pleasure meeting you on Tuesday. Lucas truly is a gorgeous little boy!!

Anonymous said...

it probably reinforces the word into his mind when he repeats it over and over again
hes getting quite a vocab isnt he :)

Anonymous said...

I hope I don't make any errors typing this cause I can't see them for the big croc tears in my eyes.
With all that has happened to me today and now this well this is the worst day of my life.
The toys are always from Grandma and the sleepers. I never get any credit. It's a wonder he even learned my name. All I ever did was let him have a piece of my chewy cookie. I never used bribes. I feel so forgotten!

Anonymous said...

Now he just has to learn MY name to complete the the picture!! Nah, that's ok, he can just remember me as the girl with the jewel in her belly button!!

LEX

(Notice how I used double exclamation marks to make dad mad?!? hee hee hee)

Anonymous said...

You can send them to university and still they can't learn the proper rules for writing.
A double exclamation mark is a writing error and you wish her professors would mark it accordingly with a big red X.
One will suffice and is all that is required for emphasis.
Well what can I say! There is still hope. Perhaps if she actually makes the undergraduate level she will actually learn a few things like avoiding the tatoo and piercing establishments and that you don't wave a red flag in front of a bull.

Darryl said...

Actually, Bulls are colour blind and can't tell whether it's red. It's the motion that gets the bull going.