Monday, March 19, 2007

Monthly Newsletter- Month Nineteen

Dear Lucas,

On Saturday you turned 19 months old, we had a party here, but more so because it was Saint Patrick's Day and because I love to have people over. You were great, as you always are. You can now say all the names of our chosen family. Although Shauny is still your favorite name to say. You quite enjoy playing with him, although you are definitely in a stage where you don't like sharing your toys. At one point in the evening Shaun came and said he needed to go pee, so I took him upstairs to use one of the toddler seats that fits on the toilet. Well you followed us upstairs and wanted to sit on it as well. You were upset that Shaun was sitting on your seat, although you have yet to use it.




This month has been fun, as most of our life is. You are not throwing too much anymore and seem to be getting more physical. You can find your way up on most furniture and are cautious about getting off it, but your favorite way to get off it is to jump into my arms. You do love your jumping. You can't really do it yet, but you love to try. One of your favorite words is high. We talk about birds and planes and everything high.



In some ways you are becoming more independant but not in other ways. You can go up and down your slide all by yourself and you are quite fond of climbing up and down the stairs all alone as well. You also like to sit in the chair beside me rather then on my lap. But you still don't like it when I leave you or when Grandma doens't come and visit you for a week. You like to be held especially when we want to make dinner and it is inconvient. But you don't like not seeing what is going on.



Your vocabulary continues to grow and grow. You can say three syllable words now like bicycle and motorcycle. And are starting to put two words together like: in cup or Mom's turn. You have also been more agreeable this month, I'm so glad distraction still works well with you. We have done lots of fun things this month. Gone to Adventure Zone, the Zoo, the pool (probably your favorite thing). It is so fun to do things together. People generally find you pretty cute and our impressed with your vocabulary.



You are really enjoying that your daddy's humor. He loves to make you laugh or at least say "Dad-dy" with two very distinct syllables. Whether he is making fun faces or doing funny dance moves. You love to watch him and say Dad-dy. Sometimes you'll do it with my as well. Mom-my, but I'm not as crazy as your Daddy did.



Last week Daddy gave you a bath and you weren't really in the mood for it. 10 minutes into it you were calling for me. I went upstairs and tried to play hide and seek with you. You still were not really into the tub and said "Hug, Mommy, Hug" So I picked you up all soaking wet and gave you a hug. You laid your head down on my shoulder. After a moment or so I asked if you wanted to get back in the tub. No you said in your little voice, so we wrapped you up in your blanket. It was a great way you told me you loved me.

I love you too Lucas

mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your monthly newsletters! I'm having such fun watching my only nephew growing up even though we live so far apart and he's even smarter than we think...motorcycle is 4 syllables!!! Rock on, Lucas!

Maybe if we're lucky, he'll be able to say Lori, Ian or Mackenzie (or any short form of his choosing...Mac, Kenzie, etc...) by the time he comes to visit in the summer. That would be SO cool!

Love y'all LOTS!
Lori

Jenn said...

Lori,

I guess Kenzie didn't tell you, Darryl called last week because Lucas can definitely say Kenzie. He says it whenever he sees a picture of her.

Jenn

Jenna said...

What a great letter, Jenn! Lucas is growing up so fast...he's come a long way over the last couple of months. Hang on to those moments you wrote about - they are so very special.