Monday, March 26, 2007

Facebook

There is a new phenomenon sweeping the internet world. It's called Facebook It's an online listing of people. You add people as your friends and then you can view information about them or write on their wall. It's interesting because you can see picture of people you went to highschool with or find relatives that you haven't seen in a long time. It started as a university thing, but has really expanded. I heard Darryl say about 10,000 new people join every day. Here is the wiki article on it. Alexis showed it to me about a month ago and now Darryl has joined.

I am kind of so so on it, most of the people who I want to stay friends with I do, but it is interesting because I wonder where and what many of the people I knew have been up to. Darryl is quite fond of it and has added lots of people to his friends list. One of the people he has added to his list is someone he could have married. I'm not bothered by this, so Darryl don't feel like you should un-friend her, it has just consumed a lot of my thoughts this weekend about what your life may have been like if you had dated her rather then me.

Darryl and I started dating when I was in highschool and he was in college. When we first starting dating I remember thinking what a social life he had. He would go out and play pool when I was going to bed. I had a friends in highschool, but only really spent time with a select few of them outside of school. Darryl on the other hand had a whole group of friends from working at McDonalds. Darryl had also dated a few other people before me, whereas I didn't date anyone else (really I was only 15). Darryl was friends with this girl from McDonalds who was very nice. She kind of reminded me of me and if circumstances were different we may have been good friends. Darryl was never engaged to this person or even dated her, but if I wasn't in the picture he totally could have. This weekend I thought alot about what Darryl's life would have been like if he was with her and not me..... Really his family would have much preferred it, this girl still lives in our home town, she did not move across the country. (which I still have guilt about) And if Darryl didn't have a serious relationship with me he would probably still be in our hometown. I was the traveller , not him. It's weird because I don't have a person like this, a person who I could have married. And I do believe there are lots of people any one person could be compatible with and be married to their whole lives. Anyway it is weird to think about how your life could be so different if you had stood firm on something or taken a different bus one day.

I have babbled on long enough and should go to bed. But I am glad to get these thoughts down on paper rather then in my head, swirling around. We had a great weekend and I hope you did too.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend you can write about whatever u wnat when u want
U know what if U and Darryl hadnt gone out marriaged etc there wouldnt be Lucas so I for one am glad you have the life u have coz hes such a cutie and I feel blessed to know u