Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Bad Job

So today I took the c-train (which is the subway, here in Calgary) home and I find these train rides quite interesting. I felt bad for the driver. I think that being a subway driver may be the one of the worst job out there. Maybe after sanitation worker but definitely not a fun job. The reason I say this is every stop the driver had to yell over the intercom at people to get out of the way or not to hold the door open. Plus a couple of people die every year by being hit by a train. Even though it is rarely the drivers fault it would still be horrible. There is also no thanks involved with job either. Although many people may be thankful for the ride home, you can never tell the driver, you never see them. The only time you see the driver if there is an emergency. I do hope these people are paid well, because it is not a job I'd like.

On a positive note I had a free lunch of lamb.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one train driver here who reallyloves his job, have I told you about him? He does little commentaries and updates about the weather for that day/weekend, and what is going on in the city that week, and he thanks us for using Edmonton Transit. He sounds like a pilot sometimes. AND at my station at the end of the line he gets out of his little "control room" and says 'bye' to everyone--just like a flight attendant!! I guess it is all about attitude, like Sheryl Crow says "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you got". So maybe his jobs seems bad, but he still enjoys it, it satisfies him

LEX

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info Alexis.
I was thinking about that driver as you have told me about him
I wish drivers in Calgry would do the same
I think it would make the job fun