Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lucas Update

As the website is called jennandlucas, I guess it's time for some Lucas's information. Lucas has started to become obsessed with certain things. I'm sure this will change in a couple of weeks, but for the moment we spend lots of time watching Shrek and drinking hot chocolate. Darryl and I might know every word from the movie Shrek. Lucas's favorite part is about the dragon. Now for those of you who read this that talk to Lucas don't mention either of these things, because he will totally ignore you and mention it until you give him what he wants. His favorite part of Shrek is the Dragon. You think he would be scared of it, but no sir ee. He loves it. On Saturday morning, we had a bunch of Lucas's friends from the baby group and I needed to get some cleaning done before they got here. So I turned on Shrek and got lots of the house cleaned. Lucas sat in his little Thomas the Tank engine chair and watched intently while Shrek met donkey, then the 3 blind mice dance on Shrek's table and then Donkey and Shrek, two friends on a stalwart adventure. Like I said walks around the house, dragon, dragon or ogre, ogre. Loves it, loves it. Darryl said the other day we should get the Shrek the second so we could have a little variety.

The other thing that Lucas is crazy about is hot chocolate. Last week when Darryl had volleyball, Lucas and I had a special treat, and went to the second cup. Lucas got a child's hot chocolate and I got a London Fog (my new favorite drink). Lucas loved it and has been crazy about hot chocolat everyday. Good thing we can subsitute cheap Nestle for the good Second Cup. Almost everyday we drink hot chocolat. I don't really mind as he drinks alot of milk when he has the hot choclat.

Till Tomorrow (I'm working on your video, Lexie)

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hot chocolate too
whats a London Fog???
I can reccommend Shrek 2 :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, hot chocolate. Lucas, it's my daily indulgence, too! I'm glad to see you've discovered one of life's simple pleasures. Some people only drink hot chocolate in the winter, but it's a staple in our pantry cupboard year round! Yum....

Jenn, so far it looks like we'll be well equipped when you guys get here. I can borrow Mom's Cars DVD and I have Shrek on VHS. We'll see how many more flicks Lucas becomes obsessed with between now and then, though!

Love y'all!
Lori

Anonymous said...

While Makenna loves Shrek, she loves Shrek 2 even more -- she especially likes when Shrek "disappears" when he becomes human and then "comes back" when he turns back. It's interesting because she doesn't see him as an ogre but rather a familiar face.