Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I Love About Winter


Being the eternal optimist I thought I'd try to think of thirteen good things about the cold weather we've been having.

1. Snuggling in bed. In the summer it's too hot to snuggle, but it's so great in the winter.

2. Skiing. Although I haven't been in a couple of years with the young one coming and then being around I do like that part of winter.

3. Skating on Allen Bill Pond. It is so amazing to go skating on a real pond in the mountains.

4. Going for a hike to cut down your own Christmas tree. The first couple of years we lived in Calgary we would get a 5$ permit and go to the mountains to cut down a tree. They were always very Charlie Brownish, but it was fun to have a real tree.

5. It is much easier to pick up poop. This thought ran through my head tonight and caused me to chose winter as my Thursday Thirteen topic. In the winter you grab all the snow around the poop and it is much easier then trying to pick it off grass.

6. Hot Chocolate. There is nothing more comforting then having a nice mug of hot chocolate after coming in from the cold. Ummmmmmm

7. The Christmas Spirit. Generally I am quite a bamhumbug when it comes to Christmas, but I do love how everyone is more giving and generous at this time of year, especially to people who need it.

8. Beautiful blanket of white. Calgary is kind of a brown town (very dry, not alot of rain) When it snows it puts a beautiful white blanket on everything. It makes the world a little queiter and the sound of snow under your feet a little louder.

9. Sweaters and long pants: How nice is it to not have to worry if my bra is showing from under my shirt, or did I shave my legs high enough to wear that skirt. Yeah for clothes that hide all of my unbeautifulness.

10. Fireplaces: They are a primal, even though I now turn it on with the flick of a switch.

11. Mulled Wine and Christmas Cookies: More warm beverages and things that make me want to wear more sweaters. But truely at what other time of year can you get such a variety of cookies. Especially those types that only come out at Christmas time.

12. Putting pajamas on at 8pm: It get's dark here are 5pm, so by 8pm many people are in there comfy clothes, watching new episodes of our favorite TV shows.

13. Darryl's opionion: Long johns (as I'm sure Lori could agree with) and Alexis opionion: Turtles

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey Jenn,
How do you make mulled wine? I also understand about the picking up the poop thing :) pretty funny but it sure works :)

Anonymous said...

We all know that I'm always freezing and have been known to wear longjohns and mittens from October 1st to May 1st...and that's in Southwestern Ontario weather. If I lived in Calgary, I'd probably only go 2 or 3 months of the year without them!
Marks Work Wearhouse has come up with what could be an even better idea...jeans and khakis lined with micro fleece.

Someone's brilliant!

Lori