Friday, November 17, 2006

Montly Newsletter; Month 15

Dear Lucas,

Today you turn 15 months old. Many may say 15 months, but I think it's a big deal. Plus I love wrting you these letters on your birthdays. It has been a really fun month and your intelligence and skills are continuing to amaze me.

This month you have also come to really enjoy TV. Most morning we watch the Backyardigans and Thomas the Tank. You happily drink from your cup (another accomplisment this month, you have totally given up bottles, only sippy cups now.) in the morning while watching TV.

Your level of communication keeps going up as well. These words have been added to your vocabulary: Lila (although mostly sounds like wa-wa), Pop, eight, roar (when we ask you to make a tiger noise) and cake. I am very glad we did the sign language as well. Especially more and all done. They have come in handy. Everything else is a luxury.

One of the ways I know I am doing a good job with you is that you love the Barenaked Ladies. You often point to the ipod and play the Best of BLAM playlist. We dance like crazy people round and round to their music. If I put on something else you don't really dance. You have been trying to master jump, as Mommy likes to jump to their music, but generally it just looks like deep knee bends. You are a great spinner though. Sometimes you like it when we dance together, but other times you like to get on the floor and dance by yourself.

This morning you did the sweetest thing, that gave both your daddy and I arm fuzzies. Daddy went in a got you out of bed and when you saw me you put your arms out. I tried to grab you but you didn't want to leave your daddy either, you just pulled us both in and we had one of ou nce family hugs. The greatest part was you initiated it.


Mommy loves you so much Lucas, there is not a person in the world I would rather spend my time with.

love mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT month! It is such fun to dance around with a little kid!

I love that Lucas is developing such a love for music. We've all heard that research states that kids who play instruments do better in math and science but I think having a strong appreciation for music can be just as beneficial.

Lucas has already learned that some music will comfort and relax him (like when he goes to bed) and some music is fun and entertaining (like when he dances with Mommy). Since I'm sure he'll be exposed to all kinds of music (from classical to country, rock to hip hop and reggae to samba) he'll also learn about culture and that differences (in people or cultures) are great! Music rocks!

Can't wait to see you both on Monday night!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Happy 15 months Lucas
whose clever drinking from a cuo how then :)
Thomas is very cool if you lived closer you could come over and watch the trains that go right past our house bet you'd love that

pleased your enjoying him Jenn dancing around is fun :)

They are so cute and lovable arent they family hugs are the best we still have them as a family my man, my 11 year old and Daniel :)