Monday, November 13, 2006

SmartyPants

It is amazing how the older Lucas gets the more obvious his increasing knowledge becomes. I'm sure that he was learning at an enormous rate when he was smaller but it is much more obvious to me. Here are some examples:

The other day I told him to put a wrapper in the garbage. He picked up the wrapper, walked into the kitchen, opened the cupboard with garbage in it and put the wrapper in the garbage. He has seen us use the garbage enough that he knows where it is.

While watching his favorite movie he has learned the hand actions for the wheels spinning round and round from the song "The Wheels on the Bus". Now everytime he sees a school bus he does the same action.

In counting books, I touch the page everytime I count something, pointing out the 5 butterfly's on the page. Today my hands were full so I couldn't point out the objects, so Lucas starts pointing at the page. I know he is not able to count yet, but I was amazed that he knew the action for counting.

Yesterday Darryl read him a book tht is similar to the "I Spy" books. There are objects on one page and you find them in the picture on the other page. It is very elementary, but I usually name the items on one page and then point them out in the picture. Darryl had him find the objects in the picture, rather then Darryl finding them and he would find all 6 of the items. It was great!

It is amazing to see the brain developing....

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It IS amazing, isn't it?! When you see your kids developing at such a fast pace, you start to realize how pivotal these first couple of years are in shaping that little person's personality and abilities.
You and Darryl are doing an outstanding job with Lucas. Don't change a thing! He's learning to be independant, how to be a helper, how to be a lover of books and information, how to be gentle to others (his animal sisters and brother) and SO MUCH MORE!

I can't wait for your visit to Ontario next week so we can see him in action!!!

Love,
Lori

Allie said...

Babies and toddlers never cease to amaze me with their learning skills. It is almost humbling to watch them develop as they take such immense enjoyment out of everything that they learn.

Continue to savour these precious moments with Lucas because before you know it - he will be graduating from high school and you are going to wonder where the heck the time went. :)

Anonymous said...

it sure is
our boys are getting clever :)
check out my blog to find out what Daniel did :)