Monday, November 27, 2006

The Highlight of My Trip

During the last week I was in Ontario and it was a fairly difficult trip with both Lucas and I getting sick. The major highlight of my trip was spending time with my very cool neice. Before this vacation I didn't realize what an important role I played in her life. For a vacation that wasn't really for me being with her was such a treat. It made all the difficult nights with Lucas worth it. It was so nice to see her genuine excitement to spend time with me. There was no stress in her eyes of the work I would cause her, just pure joy. To see Mackenzie look at her mom with anticipation that she was able to show me what a great guitar player she was. Have her request that she gets one on one time with me. I thought she might be at an age where I was too old for her, but it's nice to still be the cool Aunt Jenn. An Aunt Jenn that she can be honest with and Aunt Jenn who she'd rather go shopping with then get a present online. We had lots of good laughs and had fun being creative with our 70's fashion show (even though Godzilla Lucas tried to crash it). I love her so much and was happy to have some quality time with her, even though I don't have the quanity of time I'd like to.





Thanks Kenzie, you made it worth it!

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the broken eye has healed!

Blog said...

That is so sweet!!! Love the funny faces! I hope lucas is feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Jenn, It's Mackenzie. It was so cool having you home in London! I wore my new pajamas to school on Monday and I loved it! I told all my friends about how Lucas knows which card in your wallet "pays for stuff" and how he pulled it out and handed it to the lady in the store. They thought that was so hilarious!
I can hardly wait until you guys come home again next summer!

See ya!
Mackenzie A. Campbell