Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Lucas and the Plane


Lucas was very well behaved on the plane both to and from Ontario. Both times we were at the airport he was amazed at looking at the planes close up. Both times he was overloaded with the amount of new things to look at. At the Calgary airport they have large "stuffed" bears by the Nationla Geographic store. Lucas was scratching his chest like crazy (which is the sign in sign language for bear) And they have different kinds of birds on the ceiling, which he also quite enjoyed. I thought we may have some difficulties with the new regulations on the plane, but Lucas walked through that metal detector all by himself, and other then showing my laptop they didn't give us any more trouble. Lucas also quite liked the "toy" shop. So we spent quite a bit of time there. Although his favorite part was the little cars that drive people around. =)



One thing that amazes me about flying is how people all want to get on the plane right away? They called for pre-boarding for our flight and I delayed. Lucas was having fun playing with some toys in the airport, so I figured the longer we waited the better. After about 5 minutes I picked him up and headed towards the gate. There was already a long line and they hadn't even called for regular boarding yet, but here were all these people lined up. In my opinion I want to stay off that plane as long as possible. I'm already stuck in that tube for long enough, why do I want to get on it quickly? If anyone has a good explanation I'd love to hear it.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you: with kids, I try to wait until the last possible moment to board. I'm kinda dreading my flight home alone with them for the holidays. :-)

And believe me, I've been hearing alllll about your sub-zero temps from my folks!

Anonymous said...

The only reason I can think of is that people are excited and anxious to get to where they're going and although most of us are rational enough to know that getting on the plane quicker is really not going to get us to our destination any faster, it just seems to be human instinct to do it anyway, in case it helps!

Silly humans...

Lori

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that two lttle boys across many miles of ocean could look so similar - Lucas and Daniel your photos remind me of when we went to the airport about a month ago with Daniel
So pleased Lucas was so good :)

Anonymous said...

Remember
common sense is not really very common
nuff said