Monday, November 06, 2006

Dixie Chicks

Last night I went to a great concert of the Dixie Chicks. That Natalie Maines can really sing. I went with a bunch of other "chicks" and it was fun to have a girls night out. They did lots of great songs and I love to sing along. I have been to some great concerts and this was up there. They did lots of there orignal songs but sped them up or slowed them down. Plus she did an amazing version of "Not Ready To Make Nice". Tears were running down my cheeks. You could see the emotion and the feelings right on her face. It gave me goosebumps. I also loved Landslide, Earl's Gotta Die and lots of other fun upbeat songs.





I find that the Dixie Chicks have two main messages, one of course being about how they don't like Bush and his polotics and how they are all for free speech. The next is about being good mom's who love there kids. They have two songs that really reflect that. They played one last night Lullaby, which also made me tear up. I just wanted to go home and hug my kid. We also have another one of there songs on Lucas's sleeping songs Godspeed. If you are a parent get these songs, they are great.

Anyway I'm off to bed, a great concert equals a late night.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian and I saw them when they were here in London in August and I have to agree with you...of all the concerts we've seen, they were certainly within the top 5.

One of the things we like best about the Dixie Chicks (on top of their great lyrics) is the fact that they are supremely talented musicians. They don't just stand on stage and lip sync. They ACTUALLY sing (and boy, oh boy...they sure can sing!) and the level at which they play their many instruments is World Class!

Whether you like country or not...the Dixie Chicks should be on everyone's "must see live" list!

Talk to you later,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I knew the day would come.
My daughter listens to country music.
I am so ashamed!
:)