Thursday, February 15, 2007

Review On The Concert: Chantal Kreviauk

Last night, for Valentine's Day, Darryl took me to the Chantal Kreviauk concert. It was great. She has an incredible voice. I'd put her on music from this site, but she is not available. If you have never heard of her before I would recommend these songs: Baby Before You (which is about meeting her husband) and/or In This Life (about unconditional love). Last night when she played In This Life, I cried. It amazing how life music can really make me tear up. This songs now makes me think of being a parent. And how much you love your kids. The best part of the concert was for the first song of the encore she came out onto the stage and had no microphone and just her acoustic guitar and sang the song Far Away. It was a cool experience. The other part I thought was very interesting was her band consisted of her on the piano, a cellist, a violist and a drummer. No guitars.

I am also dying to hear how the Barenaked Ladies concert in London went tonight. I'd love to hear reviews from Lori, George and anyone else who went.

Till tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I totally forgot to ask about the concert today! I've been listening to Chantal since before she made it big, I think Wayne is still my favourite song - the video is a bit weird though.
Enjoy your super long weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Chantal in concert would be great much like Sarah McLachlan was when we saw her live. Amazing voices like theirs need very little instrumentation to showcase them. They have the kind of voices that reach you deep in your heart and soul and take your breath away. Excellent choice, Darryl!

As for the BNL concert at the JLC tonight...I have 3 words for you...A-MAZ-ING!!!! Even after nearly 20 years, they never cease to entertain and delight me! I've always enjoyed their music on the radio and on cd or mp3 but they are a thousand times better live. I hadn't really noticed the sheer number of instruments these 5 guys play until tonight! You can't even say that they're talented, they're downright gifted! Their adlibs are a riot and when Steve belted out part of the song Memory from the broadway musical Cats, the place went freaking crazy! Damn, he can sing! Look out "il divo", Steve can give you a run for your money!

Well, it's after midnight and I've been up since 5am, plus I'll be up at 5am again in just a few short hours so I've got to get some "shut-eye". I'm off to "lie in bed like Brian Wilson did". Maybe after tonight's concert, I'll "have a dream that I am 300 pounds and although I am very heavy, I'll float until I couldn't see the ground..."

G'night.
Lori

Jenn said...

Lori,

Glad that you enjoyed the concert. They are so great live. That's why I've seen them 9 times. =) What was your favorite song? Did K enjoy it as well?

I hope you slept tight and the ringing in your ears didn't last too long.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

pleased you had a great night bless Darryl