Tuesday, February 20, 2007

25 Percentile

After writing as somewhat sad, but honest monthly newsletter to Lucas yesterday he has been the best kid today. We went to Chapters and had hot chocolates and played with Thomas the Tank. Then we headed over for Lucas to have his 18 month immunzations. He was so great. The nurse was very impressed with how many words he could say. As a parent compliments about Lucas make me shine.

The nurse says to me, Do you read lots of books to him?
Jenn: Yes
The Nurse: I can tell, he knows so many words.

Lucas is taking after his Dad's side of the family when it comes to his height and weight. He is in the 25 percentile. It looks like his height genes may come from Darryl's side of the family and not the Opa side of my family. Either that or he is due for a growth spurt sometime soon. But he is the right weight (23 pounds) for his height (31 inches). Lucas was very good for his immunizations. He didn't cry for his first needle and stop crying soon after the second needle. Especially when he saw the Smarties. I did give him a little Advil before hand. It seems to be working as he was quite happy through lunch and while watching " Itining".

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a brave boy :)
Daniel is very tall too
it was one of the 1st things I noticed about him when he was born :)
Oh and I meant to say in my last comment I love the photos of him :)

Anonymous said...

In a day and age when most children are huge, it's nice to see some that are what I remember as "a more normal size". As a parent it's great because clothes last SO much longer than they do for kids that grow like bad weeds.
Don't worry about the "25th" percentile. As long as he's growing at a reasonable pace, he's great. Have you seen the growth "graph" at the doctors office? There's a curved line at the top and one at the bottom. Mackenzie has been on the bottom line for her entire life! Our doctors never fussed about it though because she always stayed right on track with that line. We just tell everyone that she comes from a long line of "pip squeaks"!

Kiss the little man for me!
Lori

Blog said...

Awww...he's so cute! The monkey's due for her needles, too. She's pretty tall for having a short mama and daddy. :) It's great that he has so many words! I love it!