Friday, February 09, 2007

Review On The Concert: Calgary

So after sleeping over at my sister's house in Edmonton (and quizzing her on her anatomy for a midterm...hope you did well) we headed back home to see the show in Calgary. Tammy and I wrote down all the songs we could remember from the night before and she continued to tease me about looking for all the hospital (clinics, St. John's Ambulance's) in Edmonton so I would know what fellow staff members were referring to in meetings. We also chose which songs we hope they played tonight in Calgary. That included Maybe You're Right, Crazy/Fox on the Run, Bank Job, Take it Back, Break Your Heart, Enid, Falling For the First Time, Alcohol. We thought we should make a list and tape it to their buses. For those of you reading who know more about the BNL life then I do, would that ever work?

After a quick dinner with Lucas (who was really missing his mommy) we headed out to pick up our friends and head to the concert. Our seats were not as good this time. We were in the 100's, but way at the back. That being said there was a section where Tammy and I could dance, jump and sing our hearts out. The other thing that surprised me is that we were could see everyone coming and leaving on the floor, and there were lots of people leaving from the floor. Is that normal? Proably 10-15 people left at some point in the concert.



It was also a great show, although they did more of their lesser known songs. Which meant lots of "somewhat" fans, were not really into it. I was hoping they would do more from their newer albums. Here is the set list:

One Week
Old Apartment
Ablib
Sound of Your Voice
A
Straw Hat
Wrap Your Arms
Too Little Too Late
Lovers in a Dangerous Time
Baby Seat
Too Little Too Late
Down to Earth
Enid (acoustic)
For You (acoustic)
Some Fantastic (acoustic)
Wind It Up
Angry People
Pinch Me
Maybe You're Right
Falling for the First Time
It's All Been Done
Brian Wilson
---------
Easy
Million
---------
Good Boy

They did lots of adlibbing today as well. Talking about a restuarant they went to where Ed had bacon wrapped corn. Making fun of Newfies, Ralph Klien, Mentioning how Regina rhymes with a female part. Lots of good stuff. You could also tell what a good mood Steve was in, lots of kicking and crazy dancing. By the end of the concert Calgary was totally into it. After Angry People, Pinch Me, FFTFT, IABD, Everyone was banding on the grounding hoping it would not end. I was so so happy when they did Maybe You're Right. If anyone knows the song (and I'll put it on the music player in a day or so) there are horns at the end. Instead of the horns, they sing the horn part. It's so great!! Steve really belts it out, it brought tears to my eyes.



It was such a great way to spend two days. Although I think I may be too old to be a groupie. As I was pretty tired today. On the way home Darryl pegged Tammy and I and how we feed off each other when it comes to BNL. If she starts jumping I start jumping. If I'm clapping she'll start clapping. If she bought tickets to 10 concerts, I'd be right there with her going to all of them. Part of the reason we love them so much is that we connect through them. We have our song, which is a BNL song, Brian Wilson. Anyway it was a great concert and such a great experience to share with my best friend.

Till Monday

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 more sleeps until it's our turn! BNL at the John Labatt Centre in London, Ontario on February 15th! Can't wait!

Lori

Unknown said...

Glad you included the pic of them caught jumping in mid air ... That is totally the essence of BNL live... Energetic, fun, living in the moment... If a picture can say a thousand words that one speaks a million to me.

Anonymous said...

sounds like another awesome night :)