Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Is there anything in Life.....

On Heather's website today people are talking about Is there anything in my life that I wish I could go back and do differently? I generally subscribe to the philosophy that all things happen for a reason and I love the life I live now so probably not. That being said there are a couple of things:

1. Wished I had traveled more through school exchanges when I was in high school. In hindsight there seemed to be lots of opportunity to do it. I did travel a bit after college and before having kids, but it will be a while, and much more expensive to show myself and my family the world. You just gain so much appreciation for life and the human race when you travel, wish I knew that back then.

2. I wish I wasn't such a pain in the ass when I was a teenager. Sorry Mom and Dad. Sometimes I remember what a pain I was and am embarassed. Sorry Alexis I was mean to you and never should have been. I hated being a teenager and I think it showed in the way that I acted.

What about all of you, is there anything in life that you wish you could go back and do differently.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh yeah! The whole "eating for two" while pregnant. What was I thinking? If I realized that I'd still be carrying the extra fat 3.5 years later I would have not had that bowl of cereal every night before bed...sigh...
I agree with your philosophy that things happen for a reason.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is there anything I'd do differently? Not really. There are a couple of things that I wish had turned out differently with some medical problems early in our adult life but these have more to do with the actions of the health care providers than anything my husband and I could have done differently.

Most things in our life have turned out great and like most couples, we've had a few lessons learned. Without each and every one of those experiences though (both good and bad) we wouldn't be who we are today...so I wouldn't want a "do-over".

It's nice to be able to say "I'm content the way things are".

Lori

Anonymous said...

I feel obligated to correct a comment Jenn made:
Jenn really wasn't a pain in the ass like she thinks she was.
I don't know where she got that idea.
I suspect she doesn't know what a "pain in the ass" is and luckily as her father I never found out either but I am certain she wasn't one. Well OK one time I can think of. She paid for me to see the movie speed and then made me move out of my seat 3 times so she could go to the bathroom - 3 times. Who in their right mind needs to go to the bathrooom 3 times in a movie. Some father's day present. And she had seen the movie before too. She was just being a "pain in the ass"
Ya OK I guess she was right after all.
Boy I wish she had not been such a pain in the ass. Sorry Jenn when your right your right.

Jenn said...

Well thanks dad. But I was pretty melodramatic as a teenager. Glad to see it didn't bother you too much.

Jenn