Sunday, November 02, 2008

Friends

In the first 6 months of Nathan's life I went out very rarely, as I'm sure most new moms do. You are on call 24 hours for food for the baby. But now that Nathan is getting a little older he can eat real food, sleep longer and is in a more regular schedule. So I've started up my social life again. It's great, nice to feel like a more well rounded person rather then heavy on the mom part.

So over the last week or so I have been out a bunch with different groups of friends. Tonight was some friends from my old neighborhood, last night I was out with some of my old work friends and earlier this week I was out with a new bunch of friends playing games. And although I am the same person I do act a little different based on who I am out with. Work Jenn is a little different then Home Jenn and Home Jenn is a little different then Mom Jenn. I've been working for the longest and thinking I'm quite good at my job, so I am the most relaxed when I have my work hat on. Home Jenn is a bit more reserved. I've known those people for a while, but I'm not as good at being a "homemaker" as I am an x-ray technologist. Lastly is my newest group people I've met is from being a mother, this is my newest thing, although I like to think I'm pretty good at it (certainly better then keeping a clean house). It is interesting to see myself in these different situations with different groups of friends, sometimes I'm loud and overbearing and sometimes I'm more reserved and a listener. As I grow and mature I am learning to be more reserved and listener, because I am usually loud and overbearing. Balance, both in life and my personality.

On a sad note, Malti, the elephant passed away yesterday. I shed some tears, she brought lots of joy to me, Lucas and lots of others.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

good to get out and about

i get cabin fever if im home too long

pleased to know you have heaps of friends

have a nice week

jen