Monday, June 23, 2008

Thinking Outside the Green Box

On the weekend someone came to the door, while Darryl and I were working outside.

Girl : We are doing a trial of a free newspaper in your cul de sac. Did we want the Hearld or the Post?

Darryl: We get all of our news online, could we opt out?
Jenn: Plus it's better for the enviroment.
Girl: But all the paper is made out of recycled paper.
Darryl: Well it still takes energy to make the paper.
Jenn: And gas to deliver it
Darryl: And more ink to print it
Jenn: So if we could opt out, that would be great.
Girl: Sure, and walks away

Just becuase it's made with recycled paper, if you don't need it, it's still waste.

Think Green

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Goofball said...

very much true!

sari said...

You know, I was one of those people who religiously got the paper every day to keep informed. I just don't like reading my news on the internet.

But then I stopped getting the paper for a while and you know what? I probably AM less informed, but also, I have an extra 45 minutes with my kids. And I'm not killing trees and filling up landfills. And there seem to be many people willing to keep me updated on all the horrible news, so I guess I still know what's going on.

The only thing I really miss are the comics and I just don't have time to read them online. It's blogs or comics, and I choose blogs.