Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day Part 2

Most days I don't think I could have gotten any more lucky in my life. Darryl and I married when we were fairly young, but I always knew he was a good person and that we had good communication skills and loved to have fun together. Knowing those things I knew we could make it through anything and live a long and happy life together. But of the two of us I was the one who really wanted kids. I've always known I would have children, but for Darryl he could have swayed either way. But now that I've seen Darryl parent Lucas and Nathan it would be a sin for kids not to benefit from Darryl.

Darryl has become a way better parent then I would have ever imagined. I knew he would be good, but not this good. I often come up with the philosphies that we are going to do with our children, but Darryl excels with them. For example reading. I've always known it's important to read to your children and especially at a young age. When I first suggested it to Darryl he was not enthused. He did not like reading outloud. But now he is so good at it, I want to stay and listen to him read. He loves to play with Lucas and is so good at it. He is an amazing teacher and finds those "teachable moments" in life. Just tonight he was teaching Lucas the difference between a scab and a scar. Like I said he really excels at being a parent. He is fun and fatherly at the same time. Although I'm not overly religious, I do think one of the reasons I had boys is because of the great influence they'll have from there father. I really hope both my boys turn out like their father.






Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

Yeah...he's a keeper, isn't he?!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

bless Darryl

I LOVE listening to Mr Wonderful read to our boys and his made up stories are fun too

lovely photos

Im pleased fore you :)

Jen

Darryl said...

Thanks Jenn!

I Love you too!