Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monthly Newsletter - Month Thirty One

Dear Lucas,

Well this is the last letter I write to you as you are my only child. By next month at this time there will be another person in our life. I think you are quite excited about the new baby. You like to watch it in my belly. We talk about it most everyday, an you have picked a name for it. You call it Baby Jonathan, after the baby of the same name at Lesley's. I'm hoping it will all go well, and I'm sure there will be many stories about you and the baby in the years coming up.



Life has been quite good and quite fun in the last month. Although we are in transition from an afternoon nap to no naps and it kind of depends on the day. Some days I can tell you need more sleep and it is harder to rationalize with you. Most of the time you are a happy-go-lucky kid, as long as you are well fed. You are fun to be around, not only do I love you as my kid but really enjoy spending time with you.





You love music. I don't know a lot about other kids but I think you probably enjoy music more then most. I love to watch you dance and jive in your car seat as we drive. If I try to turn the music down, you complain. "I like it loud". You'll listen to most anything, although the Little Einstein's Theme song is your favorite. You are also starting to sing a lot of the songs we listen to a lot. You know most of the words to QU as well. If I sing one line, you can sing the next. Same with Little Einsteins. Really I couldn't be happier that you love music, becuase I love it too and I love it loud.



This week you have started to correct me when I'm doing something wrong. Mom, don't talk with your mouth full, is the one I have heard twice this week. I also heard you telling Grandma the other night not to waste water. So funny it is to hear you correct us. Soon you'll be telling us to be careful.



Everynight before I go to bed I go in and check on you and cover you up with a blanket. When I watch you sleeping, so peaceful and quiet, it makes me so excited to have another person in our lives to love as much as I love you.

love mommy

5 comments:

Darryl said...

Geeze I love you and that kid!

Goofball said...

haha, that video where the air escapes from the balloons into his face is so funny :)

Hasn't Lucas grown a lot lately? He seems so tall in the pictures all of a sudden to me.

Enjoy these last days with the 3 of you. You make such a lovely family. Take care!



Oh thanks for the booktips by the way. I see you are reading Jodi Picoult again. Thanks to you I read "Plain truth" (is that the english title) 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it :)

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

It does sound like hes looking forward to being a big brother

CONGRATULATIONS for that certificate
Jen

Lori Aitken said...

Gosh I LOVE monthly newsletters!

Jenna said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! Wow. And such adorable picks. They really grow up too fast.