Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 years ago

It's strange how certain dates will always be ingrained in our mind. 6 years ago the craziest, saddest thing happened, that made the whole world a little less safe and trustworthy. I remember working at the hospital and the doctor didn't see half the patients and we x-rayed very few people because we were all busy watching the events unfold on the TV. No one was sure if it was done or if some sort or war starting or some sort of armegeddon.

In the years past I met someone who was in NYC on September 11th, she talked about how traumatizing it was. Today on Oprah there were kids who lost a parent on September 11th and they talked about how they are doing, most were doing well. An sad world event, sad that so many people lost their lives.

Just know today the world is thinking about what happened and the people who lost their lives.

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im remembering today

Lori Aitken said...

I was shocked that nothing was said or done about 9/11 at my workplace on September 11th this year. Our company lost several employees on that fateful day and yet just 6 short years later, there was no mention of it at work.
As I do every year, I wore a white, red and blue ribbon pinned to my shirt and I could not believe how many people said, "Oh yeah, it's September 11th isn't it?".
That event may very likely be one of the most significant historical events in North America's modern history yet people are so quick to forget.
What a sad day, in so many ways.