Saturday, June 02, 2007

Happy Friday

Yesterday I went to a retirement party for one of the best people in the whole wide world. Louise has put in her years and has her 85 factor, so she has retired from the hospital. She was a technologist that everyone loved working with. She worked hard, took great x-rays and you always had fun when working with her.

Although we are all sad to see her go, it was such a great evening. I'm not sure if everyone knows this about me, but I moved from Ontario here 7 years ago. My auntie Karen lived here, but I didn't know anyone else. If you are from Calgary reading this it probably doesn't phase you at all, but if you are from most other places, you may be shocked that I moved across the county without knowing anyone. I was lucky when moving here that I got a job at the Rockyview. I was the youngest technologist full time day technologist there by 20 years, but everyone made me feel so welcome. It was like I had gain 5 mothers, 10 aunts and 1 uncles. =). I remember they would invite me for holidays. They threw me the most amazing bachlorette party. It was amazing, in a new strange place I felt like I belong. I don't work at the Rockyview as much any more but last night was going to a really great family reunion. I remember sitting back and feeling an extreme sense of contentment, while watching people laughing and talking. Even though I don't work there I still felt like I belonged at that party.

My friend Safana hosted it. I hadn't seen Safana in a really long time. Our kids were born 2 weeks apart and although we are very different, we are friends becuase of that. Opposites attract. She has an amazing home on the edge of the river. It was so great to see her and catch up.

I hope everyone had a great Friday as well.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

No comments: