Thursday, June 14, 2007

4 Year Meme

Allie from Life at the Whittinghams tagged me for this deep thinking meme. Four years ago was June 14th 2003. I had just started my job at SAIT. We lived in this house.

Four new things I have learned or experienced in the past four years:

1. The biggest thing, of course, is being a mom. My god that has taught me more about love, life and laughing then any other experience. It has also taught me how to survive on very little sleep.=) It taught me to not be so judgmental over mothering. There are so many right ways to do things.
2. My job as a teacher has been a big learning experience. I can't believe how much information is in my brain some days. There are days I feel like an expert at my job and other days I feel like I still have a thousand things to learn.
3. I think, although this could be an answer for everyone, with more life experience I've opened my mind more. Traveling to Europe and realizing there are different ways of living, traveling to Jamaica and seeing people live so poorly. No matter where 1. you go in the world the same things make us happy. Food, family and friends......
4. Becoming more aware of what's is important in life. Lucas is a happy healthy kid. I've become solid and confident in my marriage. I have a great best friend. And my relationship with my family has become even better then it was. I'm much more relaxed about life as long as those things are in place. I'll always work to keep them there. But I don't freak out about drivers, or changes at work. They are not really important.

Four things that I want to try to do in the next four years:

In four years it will be 2011..... Lucas will be 5 and 1/2 n school.....

1. Have another baby.
2. Work less and spend more time with my babies while they are not in school
3. Go south
4. Develop a great backyard!

I tag the four following people:

1. Lesley at Life at the Becks
2. Kristine at Kristine's Baby Adventures
3. Haley at the Cheaty Monkey
4. Sari at The Geek Inside


Till Tomorrow

Jenn

Jenn

4 comments:

Lesley said...

What a great Meme! I'll have to put some thought into this one...

PS - I have Lucas' hat at my house still, I managed to send him home with his quad though :-)

Beck said...

Wonderful meme!
It's scary to think too far ahead - I just realized that in 8 more years, The Girl will be sixteen. SIXTEEN! Who told her she was allowed to do that?

Kristine said...

Thanks for the tag Jenn! :)
Will have to think about that and will try to put something up in the weekend!

P.S.
I know this is off the topic but have you ever had any problems with the usb ports in your mac? like not being able to connect your printer or camera? it worked for me before but it stopped working and I am not sure why.

Blog said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Jenn! I've been tagged with this one already.... Haven't gotten around to it, yet, though. I can barely get my head around what's going on with me NOW! (let alone 4 years from now).

So...you wanna go South? In the next 4 years? Florida? You serious about it?