Monday, December 04, 2006

The Weekend

Well we had a very eventful weekend. On Saturday morning we headed off to Cora's Breakfast Place. It was AMAZING. Good portions, lots of fruit and good extras (free banana's for LUcas, free fudge as you walk out the door). It was a great place, but it fills up fast. I also hear they are a Canada wide chain, so they may be in other places as well.

After that we headed over to our friend Mo's house, who just had a new baby, Adia. She was so small and slept the whole time. I did hold her for a moment, but it made her cry. Guess I didn't smell like her parents, I probably wasn't warm enough either. Congradulations Mo and Allison, it looks like you are doing a great job. While there Lucas quite enjoyed playing with their bunny rabit, although when the bunny peed on the floor, Lucas totally gave him away, by staring intently at the pee on the floor =) Luckily Lucas didn't step on the bunny, although did come close a couple of times, the bunny is going to have lots of time to learn about a moving baby, before Aida is up and moving.

After that Darryl spent most of the weekend helping friends of ours build a garage. He said it was a great learning experience for him as his friend had some framing experts there.

On Saturday night Darryl and I went to his Christmas Party. We had some pictures, but somehow I deleted them. Hopefully if some of Darryl's co-workers are reading this they could send them to me. It was a great party. Any of the Christmas parties I've been to have never been by a larger company. Anything that is done by the governement you have to pay for all yourself. This party was free, and the butter tarts were the best I have ever had! They had a live band, that did a great job. A Characterist, a futurist who told me I was going to change jobs next year, a body artist. For the body artist I asked for a couple of ladybugs for Lucas. A couple of ladybugs turned into my whole upper arm beautifully painted with lady bugs on some leaves. They also had a henna artist, although we didn't have that done. Unfortuanly Darryl's co-workers are not a dancing bunch, so I didn't get to bust a move very often on the dance floor. But Darryl did come a dance with me a couple of times.

All in all it was a great weekend.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That sounds like so much fun! Aaron's work parties are kind of dry, there's usually quiet entertainment like live statues or contortionists - definitely not any dancing much to my disappointment. Glad you guys had a great time!

Allie said...

The party sounded like a lot of fun! No dancing? Such a shame, although .... I say you should have gotten up on the dance floor and showed a few busta moves to inspire the crowd. (insert wink here) :)

Anonymous said...

The Breakfast place sounds yummmmy
sounds like you had a good time on Saturday night