Sunday, December 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Sixteen

Dear Lucas,

Today you turn 16 months old, you are lucky to share this part birthday with your Aunt Lexie, who's real birthday it is. Happy Birthday Alexis! I have been telling people for about a week or two that you are sixteen months. It is the holiday season and everyone is out and about so everywhere is busy and so people end up talking to people more often. That and we are out and about more.

As I'm sure I write every month, this one was also quite fun. One of the things I hope you learn about your mom is that she is an eternal optimist. I always try to look at the positive side of things, and sometimes when I reflect I realize that I was in a really hard time even though I was optimistic at the time. That being said most of this last month was really fun.



At the beginning of the month we headed off to Ontario. You were amazing on the airplane, both to and from. But you got quite sick while we were there. It was hard on both of us for you not to be in your own enviroment while sick. We did have a good visit with your Grammie, Grandad, Aunt Lori, Uncle Ian and Kenzie. One of the reasons I went through all the craziness was it is reallly important for me to have a relationship with your Dad's family. And although we live so far away I think you defintly will. We try to do alot to make this happen with visits, blog and videoconfercing. I also had so much fun with your cousin Mackenzie. When your dad and I lived in Ontario we spent lots of time with Kenzie and it's nice that we have that solid foundation for our relationship. Anyway we did have some highlights of the trip and you gave your Ontario relatives a slice of what life is like with a toddler. You adapted quite quickly once we got home. And while you were on the mend I got sick, but we managed.

Back at home you have enjoyed all the new parts of the season. Another thing you will discover about your mom is that Christmas is not my favorite time of year. Being your mom has changed that. It is so great to see your reaction to all the new things of the season. How you look at the lights on the Christmas tree or the "stars" from the disco ball ornaments. You love the blow up Santa's and Snowmen on people lawns or sitting on Santa's lap. It has been wonderful to see all your excitment at the new things, it makes the Christmas season more enjoyable.



You have made lots of strides with your development as well. More new words like kitty, kitty kitty (although it sounds more like "getty, getty, getty"), up and down (which you have perfected and know what it means). You are also mimicking lots of words, we will say something and you will attempt it as well. More dancing moves sch as kicking and trying to jump. You also are developing more opionions and feelings on things. You don't really like to go to bed, you would rather stay up and play. You also learned how to say no, or more like shaking your head to let us know how you feel. I"m not 100% sure you know what it means because sometimes you shake your head no, when you really mean yes.

You still love cars, but have added Thomas the Train and Winne the Pooh to your favorites. The "Cars" movie has come out, so there seems to be lots of car things around, which is great. You are also quite fond of MegaBlocks and building. Which makes your dad so happy. He loves to spend lots of time building with you. It's so great to see your interests developing.





You dad has had an instrumental role in these past couple of weeks in taking care of you. Christmas time is so busy and I've been quite busy. I've also started a new job which has kept me busy with orientation. As well as final exams at school, anyway enough making excuse, I have been away. Which has been good for you and your Dad. When I was looking for someone to spend my life with it was so important to me that the man I married would play a big role in our children's life. In the beginning all a baby needs is their mommy, but now that you are learning so much it's great that your Dad is there to play with you and take care of you all the time. You really enjoy spending time with him and building tall towers. I hope that you always know that you have two parents who love you more the life itself and they would rather spend time with you then doing anything else.





I love you baby, happy 16month birthday.

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated 16 months Lucas
I enjoy these entries Jenn
I dont think any children like going to bed LOL