Friday, December 15, 2006

Rabbits and A Fun Day

I just got back from walking Emma this evening and we saw a ton of rabbits from our street to the park. I usually feel quite bad for the rabbits. They lived here first and now becuase of this crazy urban sprawl we have taken over their home. That and Emma loves to chase them and although I don't think she'd ever hurt them I'm sure they are scared to death. I especially feel for a rabbit who has been abandoned. One of the families on the street bought a pet bunny, but he would often run away and neighboors would have to bring him back. Now they have decided just to let this bunny run free. I think this is horrible! I was worried that the deep freeze we had a couple of weeks ago would kill this bunny who was not designed to live in the wild, although do animals adapt? Does anyone know? I do feel bad for the small spotted bunny who is not really friends with the other bunnies, but this little bunny is smart enough to escape Emma.

Lucas and I had a fun adventure on the train today to Kenginston. It is a great area of Calgary. We went to lots of neat shops and met lots of resident cats who live in the stores. We picked up a couple more orginal gifts and bought a slingshot duck for Lucas, which makes me laugh. We also had the amazing cupcakes from Crave. Here is a picture of Lucas waiting for the train on our way home after our cupcakes.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: