Friday, September 29, 2006

A Broken Nose to Go With the Broken Eye

Last night Darryl had to work late so I was taking care of both Emma and an extremely fussy Lucas. At about 6pm in the evening I decided it may be fun to head to the park. Of course I said the magic words "go" and "park" (imagine me doing air quotes if I was telling this story in real life), while Lucas was standing on the steps and I was spotting him. Emma in all her excitment with the magic words. Jumps up the stiars and whacks me so hard in the nose, I double over in pain. My nose is now swollen and still tingles if I touch it. Needless to say we did not go to the park, but said around with froze blueberries or peas on my nose. The good part about getting hurt was that my extremely fussy baby thought it was best that only one person be crying in the house. So when I started my crying from my almost broken nose he stopped his and was in a much better mood.

This of course makes my like of having almost broken many bones in my face complete. When I was a child I was hit in the eye with a very fast moving golf ball. So that's why this almost broken nose, goes along well with my almost broken eye.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SInce I am the only one to comment I suspect that all you reading the Blog realize that Jenn can embelish now and again.
She never had a broken eye and she doesn't have a broken nose.
Yo can all now sleep better!

Anonymous said...

ha!ha!
your dad is so funny Jenn!

Thank you for the comments on my blog.
I'm glad you and Lucas are enjoying the fall season.

Hope your nose is feeling much better.
take care,
Kristine