Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mommy's Little Helper

Lucas is in a great stage now where he likes to help me with everything. Praise is his best friend, and will do anything for it. His new sign is "cleaning up". He will always help me put the blocks back or try and fit puzzle pieces where they belong. He'll hold my keys for me if I ask and will even help me sweep and do the laundry. I know this stage won't last forever so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.




The other cute thing he has taken up in the words "uh oh" He says it for most things now so I'm sure he doesn't know what it means, but it does sound awfully cute when he says it.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Very cute! I have lots of great things to look forward to :)

Anonymous said...

My 1-year old says “uh-oh,” too. And it’s cute—I guess.

He says “uh-oh.” Then, he farts.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

You may be surprised to find that the "helper" stage can last much longer than you think. You and Darryl are so good at praising and encouraging positive behaviour with Lucas and making everything fun! Kids that receive constant praise, encouragement and reassurance are usually good helpers for the rest of their lives. They're the type of kids that turn out to be kind, caring and giving as adults.

You're great parents raising a great kid...keep up the good work!

Love always,
Lori

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute! I love the "helper" stage...it's so fun, while also big time bonding time!

My oldest's first word was "uh-oh", if you can call it that! I actually love hearing it because then I know that there is something that possibly might need attention - stuffed animal fell off the couch, milk spilled, etc.

Let us know the outcome of blog printing if you get a chance!

Take care,
Jenna