Wednesday, September 13, 2006

House



Darryl and I went for our first appointment with our interior designer for the house yesterday. It was probably the most "boring" of all the appointments, where you decide everything up to the drywall stage. So any extra switches, gas lines, central vacum etc. It was still interesting to see the house starting to take shape. We also picked our exterior colors and I got the red door I wanted.

Last weekend Darryl, Auntie Karen, Lucas and I went show home shopping and her are some of the things we'd like to do in the house:


We are going to do railing up the stairs. There will also be a skylight in the stairwell, as there is no window. We were thinking to do sconces on the wall. What does everyone think, should we do two sconces as the picture shows or one (which is cheaper?)



Auntie Karen and Lucas were enjoying playing drums with the cupboards in one of the show homes. We are hoping to have a decoracting scheme similar to this one.


This will be the hardwood we have. It is a distressed walnut. Which will work well with the animals.

Yeah, it is so fun to have so many choices.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Mo Khan said...

I'm not sure what a scone is but I think it's the 2 lights in the picture. The 2 lights look good but it's hard to imagine only one. I think we need a picture of 1 and a picture of 2. Yes, yes... perhaps we/you/someone who is bored, will have to photoshop something together! yes!

hehe...

I'm glad my goofy mug made Lucas smile. I told you every laughs at me! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I think the two sconces work best. Think about the light on each set of stairs when it is dark outside, and there won't be any help from the skylight. Perhaps you could go one light fixture if you had maybe three lights on it to point in various directions. One on the picture, one on each staircase.
Oh well enough ideas, but maybe that will help. Love from Grammy
Beautiful staircase, by the way.