Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Working Mom

Well as I am in my new role of a mom who works I am trying to find some balance, so far it's been great in regards to flexibility and spending time with Lucas. Today, though, I had a different experience and something else that I am going to have to find my way through.

Previously in my job I was very ambitious and quite enjoyed taking on projects and getting work done. I felt like I was the go to girl when it came to tasks given by my supervisor. Now that I have been away for a year and have only come back part time I am not the go to person anymore. Taking on responsiblity and being given projects and tasks by my supervisor made me feel validated and important in my role. Now that the tasks are going to the new "go-to" person I am going to have to find a new way to feel valued. I'm just struggling to find out what that is....... I know that I shouldn't take on the same responsiblity I did when I was full time, but I am struggling with all extra tasks going to someone else.

On a lighter, happier note Lucas is getting very stable on his feet. He is taking more steps now and every night we play the "Walk to mommy, walk back to Daddy across the living room" game. Pretty soon he'll be walking and I'll be running after him. Hopefully his excellent ability of turning backwards to get down things will help with some of his spills.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I can hear your inner keener tryng to re-surface. The key is to go with the quo for awhile. As you settle in to your dual roles I think you will gradually appreciate your new niche as the part-time go-to person. Mark.