Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Thirteen

Dear Lucas,

Well the past month has been the busiest of your short life. You are still developing very quickly but there has been alot of action going on with our little family. I have started back at work and I think we have a fairly good system down. Although when you wake up really early in the mornings after I have worked the previous day I'm not sure if it's that you miss me or are trying to torture me. Lets go with the first one.



I think everything with your dayhome is going really well. You seem to be adjusting to being around kids all day and quite enjoy it. Lesley says you are easy to get along with. Also when I come to pick you up you are happy to see me, but usually keep playing with the toys. There was a time earlier this month that you cried when Darryl dropped you off, but only for a minute. I did drop you off one morning and you cried. I left quickly, like I will pull off your bandaids, but also because I was in tears and I didn't want you to see I was upset. I'm sure I cried longer then you did.



Your personality continues to develop. So far I can tell you like to talk, you love cars and you'll probably be an extrovert. Although you stick with your mommy when we are out places, you give cute smiles to anyone who smiles at you. You also know when you are not happy and lay down on the floor and whine. You are also getting quite good at point out objects and learning words at an amazing pace. Most of the time we have lots of fun together, your smiles are the best thing in the world, and I do whatever I can to get them from you.



You have also learned some new not so fun tricks. The biggest one being that things can go in the toliet and when you flush the toliet they disappear. This of course (as most things you will screw up it life) is my fault. I read that it is a good idea to introduce your kids to the toliet, make it a fun experience so when you toliet train them they won't be scared of the flushing toliet. So that's what I did. We would wave at the pee, poop and toliet paper as they were flushed down, and amaze that new clear water would take it's place. Since introducig you to the joys of the toliet I have come into the bathroom a number of times to find interesting things in the toliet. First was a whole roll of toliet paper, as that was included in the toliet playdate. Once was a nerf ball, another time your fake credit card. Luckily you have yet to learn how to flush, but I'm sure the plunger will become my friend the day that happens.




Physically you are not walking yet, but willing to take more steps without hanging on. It could happen any day, but crawling still works quite well for you. It means your pants get quite dirty, but that's okay. Still your six teeth although I can see the whites of new ones coming.
You are also getting better at playing independantly. Usually for about half and hour a day you play by yourself in the playroom

Well beatufiul boy I turned 27 last week and although you have only been in my life for 13 short months, it's hard to imagine life without you.

Love you punkin

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry today. I hope one day you will have a hard copy of all this material. It would make a great gift when he is an adult and raising children of his own. It will also be fun to look back on when he is a little older, and great blackmail material when he is old enough to care. (Did I say blackmail?) Great fun anyway.
Love Grammy