Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why Toys Make Noise

Lucas and I have had two situations this morning that have made me very glad, toys make noise.

In the mornings while Darryl and I get ready we let Lucas play on the upper floor. If either Darryl or I are in the shower we close the bedroom door, but if we're getting ready we'll open it to give him a bigger variety of things to play with. So this morning while I am getting ready Lucas crawls out to the landing. I can hear him turn and sit, so I peak at him and he is looking at a book. I go back to combing my hair. Things continue to be quiet out on the landing so I peak my head out again and Lucas has figured out how to open the penaten cream and he has both hands and most of his mouth covered in white cream. I run over and grab him and try to wash it off his hands. Of course as a baby he is trying to taste it, so I have to grab his hands to prevent them from going in his mouth. This of course get's penaten cream all over my hands. I turn on the tap which gets penaten cream on the tap and try to rinse our hands off. Of course bum cream is meant to repel water so the hand rinsing is not working at all. I call Darryl upstairs and he grabs so white wash clothes which works much better to get all this cream off our hands.

After this ordeal I put Lucas back in the bathroom with me while I continue to get ready. He crawls away while I'm putting my contacts in. Again things are sounding very quiet, so I go to peak on him. Again he is reading a book, so I go back to doing my hair. A minute later I peak on him again and he crawling right for the kitty litter. No I holler, which makes him crawl faster. I get to him before he gets his hands in the litter. Yuck!

After that I put him in his room with some nice loud toys, so I knew exactly what he was doing. =)

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to have to put a gate on his bedroom door, so you can see him and hear him, but he will be contained in a safe environment while you get ready for work. The story was hilarious. I'm surprised Darryl doesn't remember the gate on his bedroom door from when he was little. At least he couldn't get out in the rest of the house without me waking up and hearing him. Good luck mom and dad.
Grammy