Friday, August 18, 2006

Sunshine, Smiles, Blog and A Sad Story


It's amazing how sunshine can give you a new perspective on things. I had been feeling quite frustrated, so I decided a trip to the zoo would do Lucas and I some good. I came home feeling so much better. Although part of the zoo trip was sad. There was a new baby gorilla who was born a couple of weeks ago. It had died just last night. I don't know the whole story of why the gorilla died, but I did overhear one of the handlers saying the mother gorilla had lost some of her confidence as a mother. I guess not only is it hard for human mothers in the beginning, it's hard for gorilla mommies too. There was only one gorilla out andthey were asking everyone to be quiet while the gorilla's mourned the loss of their baby. I shed some tears for that poor mom and baby.

But this was suppose to be a happy post. Lucas enjoyed the zoo as well. We bought a plate of fresh fruit and shared it for lunch. He loved the pineapple, but wasn't too fond of the watermelon. On the way home I was attempting to keep him from falling asleep, so I would reach back and grab his foot. He would give me such big smiles. Makes me so happy I don't have to go back to work full time. Glad that I'll still have time with my boy to see those smiles.

I was thinking that I need to change the title of this blog. If anyone has any good ideas that would be great. I would love your suggestions. Also I don't know how consistent I will be in the coming months with blogs. I do have to return to work and won't have Lucas's afternoon nap time to blog. I defintly plan on keeping up the blog, it just may not be everyday.

Till Monday (or maybe Tuesday)

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great kid - he is not in love of watermelon
I like him already
what about cantelope?
He should love that

Anonymous said...

It's funny...you often hear about watermelon being a huge favourite in the summer for picnics and bbqs and such, but to be honest, I don't know anyone who likes it!

Hmmm, a new blog name, eh? Since it's not Lucas's first year anymore and you're often able to blog about the places you go and the things to do in and around Calgary, perhaps a name with some sort of Calgary reference would work? My first thought was the unofficial theme song of Calgary...Wide Open Spaces (from the Dixie Chicks). I also thought of Wild, Wild West or Family Life-Calgary Style.

Good luck!

Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

How about 'The 2nd Year - Jenn and Lucas'? I don't know, it would just seem consistent that's all :)

Kristine