Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Birthday Party

I am preparing for Lucas's bithday party on Saturday and one of the things I forgot was "loot bags". I totally forgot about these bags from when I was a child. I have had quite alot of fun preparing and buying things for them. I went over to the dollar store, where everything is really one dollar. I was fun to pick out cute toys I think each of Lucas's "friends" would like.

It is interesting to think that in a couple of years Lucas really will have friends. Right now I win the prize for Lucas's best friend. I will take that prize for as long as I can get it. The other day I was watching Ellen and Vince Vaughn was her guest. He said his mom was his best friend. I thought it was so sweet. Jennifer Aniston, maybe you should marry that guy.

I'm also starting to really prepare for work. Students are back next week so it will be in full swing then. It's nice to have that back in my life. Not that I've got parenting down pat, but it's not as hard as it was in the first months. I am so grateful for having a year off. So so grateful. It has been the best year of my life. Tommorrow my little boy turns one. I'm so lucky to have had the time off with him. Maybe I'll e-mail the governement and thank them. People often complain about politics, but I think we are pretty lucky. Although I am an optimist.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Calgary Athlete said...

Jenn, did you think about doing the old school birthday party trick where you insert coins in the birthday cake and kid's get like a nickel, or a quarter, or a broken tooth. That was always a big hit when I was little. Glad to hear your little guy is doing so well.

Mark

Calgary Athlete said...

Jenn, did you think about doing the old school birthday party trick where you insert coins in the birthday cake and kid's get like a nickel, or a quarter, or a broken tooth. That was always a big hit when I was little. Glad to hear your little guy is doing so well.