Thursday, August 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Twelve

Dear Lucas,

At this very moment a year ago you had just been born. You were a good baby even when you arrived. You didnt cry much and ate quickly. That first night you slept as well as could be expected for someone who had just been through the most tramatizing time of your life.



In the past year you have changed my world in so many wonderful and wierd ways. I am not the same person I was before. Although there are many similarites, you have changed me. I've become more adaptable, able to work on less sleep and more creative. Most of all I've learned to love more and know what is really important in life. Even now as I write this, I am so emtional. You have made me feel things more deeply then I did before.




This past month you have been cruising along. Not alot of huge milestones, but slowly learning new words and new signs. Your favorite song of the moment is "Little Rabbit Foo Foo" and you love to make the sign of a rabbit. You also still love anything with wheels. Your Aunt Lori bought you a fire truck book for your birthday and you were wild over it. Grandma and Pop also came by this evening after your bath and gave you a tunnel for your birthday. You loved it and laughed alot.

We turned your car seat around earlier this week, and both you and I love it. You love the better view of cars and I love that I can see you easier. You go crazy for the steering wheel and I may have to get you one of your own.

It is amazing to watch you become your own little person. I'm glad to see you are easy going like your Grampie was. You little to sit back and observe before jumping in. When I take you to play gym it takes you a couple of minutes to watch everything that is going on before you are ready to jump in. You are also like your dad (and maybe your mom) in that you like to make people laugh. Now when you hear people laughing at something you will scrunch up your face and laugh with them. When we ask you if you are funny you do the same thing. Things seem way funnier now that you are here to laugh at them.

Well Lucas we have made it. There were times in the first couple of weeks I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into. But we have made it. Yeah for us. I know it wasn't always easy at times, but I'm sure I'll remember the bad times more then you will. But I hope I have given you a good first year, and I promise they'll only get better.

Love you, I love you so so much.

mommy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Jenn it has been an amazing year. We are so thankful that he is a part of our family. He brings us all great joy. We love him dearly. It was such fun to watch him playing and laughing tonight.

Grandma & Pop

Anonymous said...

Lucas,

I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your web-party in honour of your very first birthday! Even though we live hundreds (perhaps thousands??) of kilometres apart, I feel like I know you almost as well as I would if I lived in Calgary, too. We both have to give your Mom a HUGE THANK YOU for making that possible!

It was such fun watching you dive into the books we bought you and even more entertaining to watch you wear all of your birthday cake! You're so smart! Even though we're in contact by monitor and speakers, it was so cool to say "Lucas, where's your nose? Lucas, where's your ears?" and watch you touch those parts with your mucky chocolate cake-covered hands! Too cute!

Have a great time at your big birthday party this weekend!

Love always,

Aunt Lori

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or did Lucas seem different on his birthday. I want to say more aware - its like somehow he knew the day was special. There is certainly a look in his eyes even in the pictures.
Like another page has been turned
like - well on to the next challenge
HB Luke!

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas! From all the way in California.

The 12 month newsletter and birth story are beautiful posts.

-Jenna

Anonymous said...

I know I'm behind with my reading, but I would like to thank you for doing your blog of you and Lucas. It is so comforting to be able to see Lucas on the computer screen playing. It almost (almost) feels like I am there with him too. It was great fun to have a cyber Birthday Party, and even more fun to watch him eat his cake in true first birthday style.
Jenn, you have given your son one of the best years of his life and it will affect the rest of his life too, in a very positive way. I also would like to thank you for the beautiful candid pictures you take of Lucas and post for the rest of us to enjoy.
Blog name? Year Two - Jenn and Lucas. Not very original though, is it.
Hugs and Kisses and all my Love to the Disher family in Calgary.
Grammy