Tuesday, August 08, 2006

08.08


Well it's amazing to think last year at this time I was waiting for the arrival of our baby. For 9 (almost 10 months) you have a date in your head. For us the date was August the 8th. I loved that date. It was easy to remember and I told it to everyone. Of course last year August 8th came and went. I do remember having some Braxton Hicks on this date, but no baby. I had lots of Braxton Hicks. Every couple of nights for the last two weeks of my pregnancy I would get contractions and we would think it was time for the baby to be on it's way. Then they would fade off and we'd go to bed. I'd use 5 extra pillows to get comfortable and pee three times in the night. But it took a while for Lucas to come. Also after my due date I started to anything I heard to to make the baby come. Castor oil, ate a fresh pineapple everyday, walked and walked and walked (even tried running once). I had egglant parmesan, drank raspberry tea, had lots of sex. But nothing worked. Lucas has been a pretty easy going baby, and he was pretty easy going about coming into the world too.

9 more days till he is one.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We luckily did not have to wait for Micah..........all you really need is an exciting play-off hockey game, some loud shrieking and you are off too the races (lol).

I actually blogged during that game and said "I am not sure whether watching a play-off game is good for a woman precariously close to childbirth".

14 hours later we had our little man.

Maybe we are on to something here. M

Kristine said...

Jenn,

You look amazing in that picture! Yeah, pregnant women are beautiful! I cannot believe Lucas will be turning 1. Time flies when you're having fun :)

Kristine