Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Well there is no really ugly, mostly good and a little bit of adjusting.

Both Lucas and I had a great day, neither of us cried =). Darryl dropped Lucas off at his dayhome, while I was at work 15 minutes early. Funny how you can be so prepared the first day. Hopefully tommorrow I'm not 15 minutes late.

Lucas ate and played and totally enjoyed his day. When I came in the door at the end of the day, he saw me, showed his pearly whites, shook his legs with excitment, then went back to playing with the cars. We had a great evening, and as Lesley had predicted he went to bed so well. Here are some pictures that Lesley took during the day of Lucas. How did I get so lucky to find a dayhome that takes pictures! Thanks Lesley they are awesome.





My day was also good. It was nice to care for patients again. Although I've cared for Lucas for a year, you don't get the same kind of thanks from your children as you do from total strangers. It was good to problem solve and to be around most of my co-workers again. I also had a very busy day, which helped to pass the time. I am quite pooped now, and did not take any pictures of myself.

The bad is that my time with Lucas is over already. There is defintly some adjusting needed. It's weird how you bring a person into the world, then slowly you spend less and less time with them. I can only imagine how crazy it is for stay at home mom's who send there kids to kindergarten for the first time. I went upstairs to watch him sleep for a while. Man oh man I love that kid.

I guess the ugly, was all the ugly stuff I saw today. Of course I can't mention it becuase of patient confidentialy, but boy people can really hurt themselves.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This going off to work, is the norm for most families. The great thing is having been able to be at home for a year to give this child the one on one that shapes the little human being into the child he is now. Well adjusted and so smart. It will be an adjustment, but good for all. You will now watch him grow from a new set of surroundings and you will now embellish on that growth. Some of it will be great and some of it might need a little adjustment. Life is still good Jenn, watch him learn from his new surrounding. He is eager for new things, not shy and insecure. He is one great kid and grandchild, and I thank God for all your attention to detail over the past year, especially for us in London, Ontario. We are so hooked on Lucas. Love from Grammy