Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm Going To Be In Pictures

For years Darryl and I lived with peasant vision. It was great, we never really needed cable, we had Global, CTV and City. That's all a girl really needs, espeically when working full time. Next thing we know Lucas is born and while all a girl is doing is breastfeeding and sleeping, she needs something to watch while breast feeding. After watching every season and every episode of Sex in the City, I turned towards peasant vision. The problem was at 10am the shows I had to select from were: 100 Huntly Street, Maury Pauvich and a repeat etalk daily, which I had probably seen while breast feeding the night before. So Darryl and I took the plunge and got satelite TV. It is great, although I know I could go back to living without it, it is a nice perk to have.

The first month of satelite TV we had the station Tech TV for free. Darryl being the techy he is, loved it. Mostly it annoys me, except for one show http://callforhelptv.com/. It is a show where Leo Laporte and Amber McArther they give you tips on enhancing your computer and the tools most people use. They also give great and helpful websites. They also answer viewers calls. Sometimes if there is no Friends or Rockstar Supernova I will tune into Call for Help myself.

The next part of the story takes a turn. I use to be a big scrapbooker. But have kind of stoped it now that I do the blog. The pictures aren't as decorative on the blog but I always liked the writing in the scrapbook better then making it too fancy. Although it was great to have pretty pictures, I felt it was more important to know and remember what those pictures were about. The blog takes care of all of that, and it is much faster. The problem is I am dependant of blogger keeping all my information, and I don't really like that. I would like a permenant copy of it somewhere. So I've been investigating how to get the blog printed. The problem is I can't find anything. That's where Call for Help comes in.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Call For Help Website to investigate if they had some answers. When I didn't find any I thought I'd ask the question. Yesterday they called from the TV show and Leo wants to anser my question on air. So next week they will call here and I will go on the web cam and ask Leo my question. I'll let everyone know when it will air. Cool eh?

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until I tell Mackenzie that Aunt Jenn is going to be famous! How cool is that?!

Lori

Jenna said...

That is really cool! And it is a question I have been wondering myself. Fill us in on all the details - printing the blog and your brush with celebrity! :-)

Take care,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Look at you Miss famous girl!
I wish I had satellite to see that too but I don't.
Can't wait to find out the answer though as I have been wondering how to do the same thing.
Kristine

Anonymous said...

A lot of pressure on Leo now!!

Lesley said...

I don't have satellite either or I'd be watching for your 5 minutes of fame too!
I'm looking forward to the response you get though.
When I was 15 I was on TV, Muchmusic had a video street dance downtown Kingston and my friends all seen me dancing the night away...I could have died when I found out because I can't dance!!!!

Anonymous said...

well I guess now everyone will know who BOO! is
for all you out there I called Jenn Boo awile ago.
She didn't know who boo is either
you will have to watch to kill a mockingbird if you want to understand all.
It doesn't matter if you all get it
I get it
sorry
I would have to write a blog to explain it all
just know that I am smiling
but if you know the movie you might understand

Anonymous said...

Time for pop to start commenting in english, not gibberish! :P
I think I speak for most people in saying ... I'm stumped!