Thursday, August 10, 2006

Beach and Planes

Yesterday Tammy and I headed out to Sylvan Lake. It is about and hour and a half NW or Calgary. The weather was not the best and I forgot my camera. But we did have a great time. The boys had fun playing in all the sand and Matt even went in the water. Tammy brought a picnic lunch and I taught the kids to chase after seagulls (much to Tammy's dismay)

One of the interesting things about having a child is that you get to discover the world through their eyes all over again. I know it's such a cliche, but it's true. I am becoming much more aware of things I never payed attention to before. One of Lucas's new fascinations is with planes. Whenever he hears one overhead he looks up to find it and then makes the sign for plane. Of course as the mother in me grows I now point out planes. If I see one, I'll call for him and point to it. As a non mother I never really noticed planes, unless they were especially loud or I was traveling on one. Now I notice them all the time. There are planes overhead all day. Yesterday I took Emma to a field to throw the ball for her and heard a plane. In my non mother days I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I would have been too wrapped up in my own thoughts. But as I was out with Emma I missed having my little boy (who was in bed sleeping) to oint out the plane too. Also in my new mother life I wondering if one day my boy would be a pilot....... It is one of the best things about becoming a mom, rediscovering the world, and paying more attention to planes.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Jenna said...

There's something about planes and little one's, isn't there? I never noticed them before either, until my first daughter started pointing them out to me. Now I am always aware...and same as you, when I hear one and she is not there with me, it makes me want her there so we can experience it together.

It's the small things...

Jenna

Anonymous said...

And you wonder about my interest in planes LOL