Friday, May 26, 2006

A Major Crisis Averted

Well yesterday there was no post because of the craziness in the house. What was suppose to be a fun and eventful day turned out to be a day of hunting around the neighboorhood looking for keys. After Lucas's morning nap we went out for a walk before his doctors appointment. Somewhere during our walk we managed to lose the keys. So I was locked out of the house and the car. Luckily Tammy has a key to our house, so we were able to get inside for lunch and afternoon nap. But I had to cancel the doctors appotiment and also got a call that the mother and daugther pedicure I had booked for mom and I that evening was canceled. Once Lucas got up from his nap we went searching for the keys and someone had found them and put them on the picnic table at the park. Whew!! A major crisis averted.

Today we went to the Farmers Market, which was fun. Although I wonder when the Millarville Market will open, becuase that is a great place as well. I'm all for buying local things and supporting my community, even if it's not as good of a deal as you may find at the Walmart. I'm frugal, but considerate.

Lucas is doing good. He is not wanting to go down for naps the last couple of times. I'm hoping this is a quick phase that will pass. Dad was over today and trying to help him crawl, but the kid is too stubborn for it. =) If you lift his tummy to help him, he just raises his arms and legs like he's "super grover". But is smiling lots at strangers and enjoying our outings, especially when his Pop rides in the back seat with him. He did get into the cats water again today, so he is getting more proficent at pulling himself across the floor. If anyone has any tips on how to stop him from playing in their water that would be appriciated.

Anyhoo, I think that's all for now. Tigger continues to do well.

Till Tommorrow (or shall I say Monday, the day before Grammy comes =)

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I think your are forgetting a law of nature
a brain swelled by a learned thing can never return to it's original size.
He has learn the fun and availability of the water dish.
He may be distracted but he will not forget it
lol
Dad

Lesley said...

Hey Frugal Jenn!
Did you hit the garage sales on Saturday? The boys and I managed to go to a few but didn't find any good buys :(