Tuesday, May 16, 2006

An Adventure

Today Lucas and I went on a wild adventure. Well not really that wild, but gave Lucas lots of new things to see and do. I am defintly a person who likes an adventure. Although sometimes I enjoy doing things the easy way, sometimes it's fun to making things a bit challenging.

Anyway onto the day. So today Lucas and I were meeting some other mommies and babies down at Prince's Island Park (an island in Calgary, which I know sounds like an oxymoron, but it's true, there is really an island in Calgary). Anyway to get down town I thought it may be fun to take the train. All kids like to take the train. Plus it may be cool for Lucas to be moving and standing at the same time. So we headed on the train downtown. I think he was a little shocked that no one payed attention to him. Usually people pay attention to him. He would stare at people trying to get their attention, but they just ignored him and continue to listen to their ipods or read the paper. People don't tend to be very friendly on the train.

Then we walked around down town which is another different culture. Lots of people running and sun tanning. Anyway it was fun even though the kiddie pool was not open. Fun to show Luke new things. I mean we have swings here in the town, but it's good for him to be exposed to a concrete jungle. We did stop and get a hot dog from a street vendor. The nice thing is now Lucas and I can share a lunch. One hotdog for two people.

The problem is now it's 3:17 and he has yet to nap. It may be an interesting evening.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: