Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Busy-i-ness

Well I don't know how we managed it but this week has turned out to be a busy one. I did a post yesterday but blogger seemed to eat it, it wasn't anything substanial so I wasn't overly frustrated. I had a meeting at work yesterday so I know what I'll be teaching in the fall. I was a little surprised at what I'll be doing, but I am flexible and able to do anything!

Lucas is starting to feel better, although I do have an appointment booked with the doctor since it's been more then a week and the cold isn't gone. It's sometimes hard to know when to go to the doctor. I know Lucas is on the mend. I don't think he needs antibiotics, although it will be nice to know if he has ann ear infection. But that what doctors are there for right? To be sure there is nothing wrong. Besides it's not like I go running to the doctor alot, although in someways I still feel a little crazy.

Lucas is also becoming an expert in furniture walking. He uses his favorite "Learning Playground" toy to get to the couch and then can walk the length of the couch to toys that I place all along the couch. Somedays I do wonder if he will skip the crawling stage and go right to walking. He seems to enjoy it a whole lot more. When he's on his stomach he usually just lifts his arms and legs thinking if I have everything off the ground maybe I'll float around. =)

Anyway I should go enjoy my quiet time till the boys wake up.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

PS Congradulations to Lori, Ian and Kenzie (who often post comments here) on there new puppy. He is so adorable and I hope everything is going well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

Lots of babies have no use for crawling and go straight to walking. It's probably a much better view of the world than when you're on all fours. I think with Lucas it just proves how brilliant he is!

Thank you for the puppy announcement! Hunter is the easiest puppy I've ever met. He plays hard and he sleeps hard. He's 10 weeks old today and weighs 3.7 pounds. We've had him 5 days now and last night was his first accident. It was my fault for waiting too long to take him outside. He's been sleeping through the night (for about 6 1/2 hours) and he loves to play with his dog toys (and Casey's, too).

He and Casey are getting along pretty well. Casey is warming up to him a bit more each day and he's not exhibiting any agression with Hunter, which is good because Hunter chases Casey constantly (jumping and nipping at his feet) to try to convince Casey to play with him!

By the way, Mom and Brian had a good drive to Florida. Despite weather warnings it was sunny the whole way there. Even though they're enjoying themselves, Mom can hardly wait to come out to Calgary again!

Talk to you later,
Lori