Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Crawling and other craziness

Well Lucas has still not mastered the art of crawling. Part of me is concerned but most of me is quite happy with this. I'm so glad I can still put him in a place and he will basically be there when I come back. We have yet to baby proof becuase there is no need. Now of course some people (including me sometimes) are worried about this, but I try to keep reminding myself that he'll get it, he's just taking his time. There are no 10 years olds that don't know how to crawl. One thing he is mastering is pulling himself across the linolieum floor. On Monday we were encouraging him to move and here's what he got into.





Yes that is the pets bowl of water. He is loving the water by the way. When we put him in his bath at night (oh yeah bath's moved to the evenings as well) his whole body convulses with excitiment. You can kind of see it in the video how he is kicking his legs. Smiling is just not enough to convey the excitiment he feels it must go from the tips of his toes to the top of his head.

One of the other weird things that had been going on with me lately is this feeling of invasion. Although it is nine months later I still can't believe I have this little person in my life. I feel like my life has been taking over and all the things I use to do with ease now take extra planning. Even something as simple as running to the back yard to get compost when Lucas is in the front yard. I can't just leave him there. But it is such a hassle to pick him up, try to juggle him and a bucket, while opening the composter...... This little person who is so dependant on me. I'm not sure if this will stop eventually, but to all the newer moms it hasn't stopped yet.

I'm feeling better today and learning to juggle it all a little better. Hopefully he will walk soon and it will free up my hands.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Don't worry about Lucas taking his time with crawling or perhaps skipping the crawling stage altogether. After my experiences with Mackenzie and now my girlfriend's son Chase and seeing how Lucas is doing, I'm starting to wonder if how quick they develop physically has more to do with their personality, patience, communication skills, and overall contentment/happiness than actual physical development.

Lucas and Mackenzie seem to be very much alike. Lucas & Mac are/were both pretty easy babies, who sleep pretty well. They're both very observant and interactive. They've both been very vocal and communicative from a very early age and they're both extremely happy and content. They don't need to get around as much because their attention span and the level of interest in their environment is/was more than keeping them engaged. Whereas, my friend's son Chase, has a very short attention span, doesn't talk much (even at 2yrs old), his parents don't interact with him to the extent that you and I do with our kids and as a result he's always been eager (or should I say almost driven) to get around to keep himself interested. Unfortunately, he ends up getting himself into lots of trouble in the process!

I really think that instead of worrying (even a little bit) you should pat yourself on the back for being such a wonderful, energetic, entertaining and devoted mother who is clearly raising a fantastic, happy, well-adjusted little man!

Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I second Lori's comment. Love from Grammy