Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Explain This


Well last night was Darryl went to volleyball so it was up to me to put Lucas to bed. Now for the last couple of weeks Darryl has put Lucas to bed with no problems. He may wake up an hour after crying, but to actually first go to sleep Darryl is an expert at it. I on the other hand am not an expert. So last night I wait till fairly late as Lucas slept till 4:30 with his afternoon nap. So at about 7;30 we start his bedtime ritual. Lotion him up put on his PJ's, read some books, feed him the bottle, then put him down. While giving him the bottle he did not fall compeltly asleep. Eyes rolled to the back of his head, but not completly out. So I switch over to the soother and that seems to wake him up more. Eventally I try to put him down, which he is okay with. Not falling asleep though and he starts talking to himself. Okay I think this is going no where. So I leave. Well then the wailing starts. 5 minutes after I go in get him calmed, he looks like he's almost asleep then wakes again. Wants to play with my watch and starts to have a conversation with me. Again I leave the room, again the wailing. The thing that gets me about the wailing is that I put him down quite awake for every nap. He is fine to watch me go, talks to himself a little then falls asleep. Anyway last night I ended picking him up and he eventually fell asleep in my arms, which was kind of sweet and made me like being a mom and kind of frustrating at the same time. Slept through the night and everything was good. The problem was in was 8:45ish by the time he was awake. Anyway really I shouldn't complain he is a great baby when it comes to sleep and I could be much worse off. I just wish someone (possibly Lucas) could explain why he goes down so easily for Darryl and so easily for naps but doesn't want me to leave at bedtime...... it's an unsolved mystery. =)

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: