Friday, April 21, 2006

Toy Snob

Lucas is starting to become more demanding with his entertaining needs. It's funny how when you give kids good stuff they expect you to keep up with it. Now when i give Lucas a block that he has already seen in the last 24 hours he gives me a look like" Come on you've got to be kidding, this is the twenty first century, can't you find something better, I just played with this last night!". For the moment he is very into cars. Darryl had a bunch of matchbox cars (I think that's what they are called, but I can't say for sure becuase I am a girls girl) from when he was a kid and Lucas quite like to chew on them. For the moment those cars are the favorite toy. He will study them, put them in his mouth then stdy them somemore, see how the wheels turn. Really these cars are quite fascinating.

I'm even noticing the snobbery with books. We got some great usbourne books that are touchy feely or lift the flaps. Now when I read him a regular ole book with no interaction, he rubs the pages looking for the different texture or a flap to lift. I'm sure he's thinking, "come on mom where is the softness hiding or there's got to be a flap on here somewhere" Ahhh what a smart kid.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: