Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bye-bye Little Blue Tub


Bye-bye mirror washing, bye-bye steamy bathroom. Hello big scary tub.

Well Lucas has graduated from his little baby tub to the big tub. I don't think either of us are too happy about it. But it is for his own safety. A couple of days ago he stood up in the tub by using the side of it to brace himself. I did have to catch him though becuase his arms were not long enough to support him while standing. He had a bath in there again today and did almost the same thing. So for safety's sake we are graduating to the big tub.

We will miss the little tub. Lucas likes to look at himself in the mirror when the tub is sitting on the counter. I started to clean off a foggy spot for him and now he does it himself. It was also easier on my back. Now I will have to be on my knees for his whole bath. Maybe I'll buy one of those bath seats for him. That may make me feel a little safer.

The other thing that will not be happening is the steam in the bathroom. We use to trun the shower on high and let it steam up the bathroom so it would be warm for him. Can't do that when he is under the shower head.

It's weird now to be putting things away that won't be used again till there is another child............

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

You constantly impress me. Those pictures of Lucas in the tub in front of the mirror are not only adorable, they're outstanding! You have developed an amazing eye for candid photography!

Keep 'em coming...we love it!

Thanks,
Lori