Friday, April 28, 2006

The Break Up

Well today Lucas and I had a couple of day home interviews. Lucas did not get a proper nap and so he has been sleeping since 6;20. The good think was he wasn't incredibly grumpy the whole day, although was a little more subduded at the second interview. Plus there were lots of kids running around, which was a new thing for him. I wonder if he was thinking "where is Emma to round these kids up".

It is amazing how different two people can be at their jobs. The first woman I went to see was very laid back. She fed kids when they were hungry, put them to bed when they were tired and generally had a very lax schedule. She described herself as easy going. I have often described myself as easy going as well, but I don't know if I should anymore. I need to have a schudle and structre with Lucas. She seemed to really love the kids that she babysat and encouraged lots of outings and bbq's so the parents could meet eachother. The deal breaker for me and the first house is that she smokes. I don't want to put my child in that enviroment. The weird part is I have to call her next week and tell her. I did not really date alot (or at all) as a teenager, so I don't really know how to "break up" with people. It will be interesting to see how I do.

The second people we went to visit have a calendar with all the food and "big" activites they will be doing in a month. The parents all get a copy of this calendar. They have a much more structured day. This woman is part of an agency, which does offer some peace of mind, but does charge a fee for that peace of mind. One of the things I really liked about her was her desire to plan activites to help Lucas learn.

Although I am quite fond of the second lady I saw I'm not sure about holding a spot. Really I don't need someone to care for Lucas till August. Maybe I have started looking to early. The first woman said I would have to pay for each month from now to hold the spot. I understand it is their livelyhood, but it seems a like a lot of money for someone on unemployment. Well I will give the second lady a call and her agency and see where to go from there. It would be nice to know that I have a place for Lucas, but I'm not sure what price I'm willing to pay.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: