Monday, April 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Eight


Dear Lucas,

Today you turn 8 months old. It's amazing to think that eight months ago at this time I was happily recieving an epidural and waiting for your arrival. Well it has benn another interesting month. You have become an expert on sitting by yourself. You can sit and twist all the way around. Although you are not qute sure how to get up or down from the sitting position. I can see that your lack of mobility is starting to frustrate you. Although I'm sure it will only get worse before it gets better. Maybe in the next month you will be crawling, but maybe not and that is just fine with Moomy. Although you are getting heavy to cart around everywhere.

We had lots of things happen this month that changed you from an "infant or newborn" into a full flegled baby. We lowered your crib so now you are way down there. We moved you from the little to the big tub, so now you look very small again while in the bathub, rather then very big in the baby tub. We also changed your car seat, so I cannot carry you around in your little car seat any more. I can't believe how fast you are growing up right before my eyes.

Another thing has happen which may have to do with the disruption in your sleep habits. I'm frustrated that it is affecting your sleep, but so happy that you feel this way. You love me. You really really love me. I have been putting so much love and work into you and now I know you feel the same way about me too =). I am trying to savour this because I'm sure the day will come very soon when you are pushing me away.

We have also started you on finger foods. Which has been fun. You don't really have the "pincher grasp" down pat yet so most of the time you end up raking in the cheerio with your whole hand and then sticking most of your hand in your mouth. It is funny and you have turned it into a pretty effective method for eating cheerios. It has been fun to try all different types of food out on you. Beef gravy, my yougourt in the mornings. Most food you quite like. So far you are taking after your father and are not a picky eater.

Well punkin I think that is it for this month. I love you so much.

Love Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say. I love the monthly letters to Lucas. I like the change in perspective in that you speak to Lucas and not family and the general public! I'm sure as time goes on there'll have to be a way to pull all of this off the web and into some sort of digital photo album/journal.

In talking over the cubile wall here to Mo, I guess there might be a way to pull a copy of the whole blog down to a computer and then back it up and put it in a safe place.

Anyway, Love it Jenn! See you when I get home from work.