Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baking Bonaza

I do like baking and cooking. I'm not really great at either but I pretty good and I do like to do it. We like to try new things as well. This weekend was Mom and Dad's anniversary so I thought it would be fun to try creme brulee. Creme brulee seems like a challenging sophisticated, eat at a restuarant dish. But it was pretty easy to make and very delicious with that crunchy topping.

Earlier this week, Lucas and I made chocolate chip cookies, which we make frequently and are very good. Then we thought we'd try blueberry muffins. They turned out a little odd as we used frozen blueberries which turned the batter purple. We were also suppose to put a crumble topping on it but I made the butter too warm so it did not work as a crumble.


We also got to put our new Christmas gift apron's to use. Thanks Lesley, they worked out really well.



Even though the muffins were a little odd, they still tasted good. After that we made a big pot of pasta fajoli soup (although I forgot the pasta =)

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I love baking, I don't eat a ton of it but I like the process.

Jenna said...

Those muffins do look yummy! As long as they taste good, that's all that matters!