Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to the Couch

A couple of weeks ago I was having milk and cookies up in bed. When I was done with the computer I put it down beside me and went to sleep. At some point the last of my milk got spilt on the computer. Now the computer has been through lots, it had grapefruit juice spilt on it. Was once shocked to the point it took days to wake up. So when I saw it was wet, I let it dry opened it up, washed it and put it back together. It wouldn't start. I left it for a day and tried it again. I took out the battery and plugged it in and boom it turned on. So we took it up to the apple store to see if it was just a new battery that we needed. But no, it was the connection between the battery and the computer. Suddenly my laptop became a desktop. So I ordered a new computer. In the last couple of weeks, there was a lack of posting and a lack of checking e-mail. But today my new computer came, so once again I can post on my couch. I am amazed at how seamlessly the transition was. I plugged in my old computer to the new one and a couple of hours later my new computer is just like the old one, expect I can use it on the couch.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

5 comments:

Goofball said...

hurray

Lesley said...

That's good news! I did notice a lack of posting but I was in a slump and didn't want to be the pot calling the kettle black. I seen that Chinook Centre is getting a new Apple Store in the spring or summer - much more closer to home :o)

Jenn said...

I'm happy to be able to sit with my wife on the couch again. It was a lonely time watching tv alone while she sat at the counter after the kids were in bed.

Woohoo! about the Apple store at Chinook!!!
Thanks Lesley for that news!

Alexis said...

Do you have a silver one now too, or did u stick with the white? We both should have the white so that i can say "solidarity, sister!"

Darryl said...

haha ... looks like I posted that comment (third from the top) under Jenn's account. That's what happens when Jenn doesn't have her computer on the couch, she uses mine and I forget to log her out and me in before doing things.
:)